- This event has passed.
_OF COLOR Black History Month Art Exhibition
Thu February 21 @ 6:00 pm | 9:00 pm| $10
The _OF COLOR group presents our first inaugural show for Black History Month to showcase local Austin artists of color!
About _OF COLOR:
_OF COLOR is an organization dedicated to cultivating a community and creating spaces for artists of color showcase their art. We operate with 3 main goals:
- highlighting spaces for artists of color to sell and showcase their visual art
- cultivating a community of and for artists of color in Austin (and beyond)
- maintaining an artist community with interests in supporting other artists of color.
The event will be held at the Gallery at Lewis Carnegie, 1312 E Cesar Chavez St. The 3 featured artists at our event are all African Americans in the city of Austin:
- Chris Tobar
- J. Johari Palacio
There will also be live body painting by _OF COLOR co-founder, Vonetta Berry, along with a body painting collaboration by all 3 featured artists.
Music vibes will be provided by DJ Shani
Complimentary beverages sponsored and provided by Tito’s Handmade Vodka
Tickets are $10 pre-sale and $15 at the door.
- Thu February 21
6:00 pm | 9:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Arts & Culture, Community, Featured, Music, Social
- Event Tags:
- african american events, art, black austin, black events, community, culture, diversity, music